Plastic surgery procedures fall into two major categories: reconstructive and cosmetic.
The goal of reconstructive plastic surgery is to restore form, and in many cases functions, that need to be corrected due to injury, disease or congenital defects. The repair of severe lacerations and fractures of facial bones are common reconstructive procedures. Reconstructive surgeries often involve the removal of skin cancers, the repair of tendons and nerves and breast reconstruction following cancer treatment.
Cosmetic procedures are operations performed to enhance the body’s appearance. Examples include facelifts, nose re-shaping, breast augmentation or reduction and liposuction.
Some of the procedures offered by physicians at St. Mary’s Medical Center include:
- Chemical peel
- Laser resurfacing
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Eyebrow and forehead rejuvenation
- Chin and neck fat removal
Refinement of Facial Features
- Rhinoplasty- alteration of the nose
- Otoplasty- alteration of the ears
- Contour alterations- facial
- Breast enlargement
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
Contouring of the Abdomen, Hips and Limbs
- Body fat removal (liposuction)
- Abdominal reduction (abdominoplasty)
- Skin blemishes