To enhance inpatient care and streamline the ER admission process for children’s services, Saint Mary’s Health Network partners with Pediatrix Medical Group, a MEDNAX company, to support Saint Mary’s Pediatric Care program. Pediatrix hospitalists provide full-time coverage of the 18-bed pediatric unit, collaborates with your child’s pediatrician in their care, and assists in the stabilization of pediatric patients in emergency situations.
At Saint Mary’s, we offer a comprehensive approach to family-centered pediatric care, whether:
- Your new little one needs extra care from nurses who have over 150 combined years of neonatal experience in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
- Your child or teens needs inpatient care from pediatric-specialized nurses in a safe and secure pediatric unit, or
- Your child needs an experienced emergency team caring for them in the ER.
Our team understand your child’s healing depends on direct parent involvement and involving their pediatrician, that is why:
- Most pediatricians in the region can provide direct in-patient care for your child. This allows your pediatrician, who you have an established relationship with, to care for your child while they are sick.
- We strive to provide private rooms with a bed for the parent/guardian to help make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Our highly trained teams offer quality care and provides low nurse-patient ratios in a locked and secured unit.