A Focus on Patients and Their Families
The core to all rehabilitation efforts is the preservation of the family unit. The staff of the rehabilitation center works with the patient and family to help the patient return home. To help achieve that goal, the rehabilitation team will:
- Establish individualized programming designed to aid each patient in achieving an optimal level of functioning.
- Include the patient and family in establishing realistic and functional goals.
- Provide on-going family training.
- Modification recommendations for increased safety and independence upon the return home.
- Allow patients and their families to practice newly acquired skills by using the independent living apartment in the unit prior to discharge.
- Partner with other providers to assure the patient receives the needed level of care after discharge from the unit.