Insurance Requirement Checklist
To assist you as you sort through the process of complying with your insurance company’s coverage requirements, please read the following list of questions:
- Have you read the front and back of all insurance cards issued to you by your (or your spouse’s) employer?
- If precertification is required, have you made arrangements with your ordering/performing physician?
- Have you contacted your insurance company regarding pre-certification at least one to two days prior to service to confirm authorization?
- Do you know if your healthcare provider’s charges will or will not be covered by your insurance company?
- Does your policy require a deductible charge? If so, what is the amount?
- Does your policy require a second medical opinion? If so, have you obtained the second opinion?
- Does your policy require that you have a referral form for healthcare services? If so, have you obtained your referral form and given it to your performing physician and hospital?
- Does your policy require a claim form? If so, have you completed the form for submission to your physician(s) and hospital?
- If you are scheduled for surgery, is your surgery related to any type of accident? If so, have you given all of the accident-related information to your healthcare providers, such as how, where and when accident occurred?
- Are you covered by more than one insurance plan? If so, have you submitted all insurance information to your healthcare providers?
This will include:
- Name of plan
- Telephone number
- ID number
- Subscriber’s date of birth
- Completed claim and/or referral form.