Before your appointment, the Admitting Office at St. Mary’s Medical Center will call you at home to preregister for your admission/procedure.
The Admitting Office will need the following items:
- patient name and date of birth
- patient social security number
- name, address and phone number of someone to contact in case of emergency
- your insurance company name, address, policy number and all phone numbers listed on the insurance card
- if this is a workman’s compensation claim, bring accident information and name and address of workmen’s compensation carrier.
For further information, contact us at 816-655-5468
Please bring only the absolute necessities to the medical center such as slippers. We encourage you to wear our gowns and use the toothbrushes and toothpaste provided by the medical center. No extensive make-up is necessary and we especially discourage any jewelry of any kind.
Every effort will be made to contact you before your appointment.
Call 816-655-5468 to leave the information on voice mail, if you prefer.
The Outpatient Admitting Office Hours:
Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
If you are having surgery, MRI, CAT scan, Cardiac Rehab, sleep study or an inpatient procedure which requires you to spend the night, St. Mary’s Medical Center will make every effort to contact your insurance company. We will also inform you of any patient portion due and give you the opportunity to take care of those prior to service.
Managed care insurance dictates where patients may receive service. St. Mary’s Medical Center will do everything possible to help you receive the very best benefits from your health insurance. Making sure you have the necessary referrals and your doctor has called your insurance will go a long way in meeting the requirements your insurance company sets.